Once the risk from Legionella has been identified during the risk assessment and any recommended remedial work has been completed it is essential that an ongoing Control Programme is adopted to ensure that the risk from Legionella is minimised.
The Legionella Risk Assessment will provide a site specific Control Programme which will specify the necessary weekly, monthly, quarterly, six-monthly and annual checks to be carried out on the water system.
Many of our clients find that they prefer to sub-contract out all or some of the ongoing checks rather than train their own staff to carry out the tasks around there already very busy schedules.
Our team of experienced risk assessors, service technicians and plumbing engineers are equipped to undertake as much or as little of the control tasks as necessary including:
- Monthly hot and cold temperature checks;
- Quarterly clean and de-scaling of showerheads and hoses;
- Six-monthly clean and disinfection of cooling towers / evaporative condensers, make up tanks and associated systems;
- Annual visual inspection of cold water storage tanks and calorifiers; and
- Annual water testing by UKAS accredited laboratories.
Our Legionella Control service will include updating the site log book to include all of the monitoring results and inspection reports in order to ensure continued compliance with ACoP L8.
For further information on Legionella Control, please contact us.